Friday, November 14, 2014

His Plan, Not Theirs

This week I’ve read some horrific news posts concerning sterilization in third-world countries and how they are making it happen through flu-type vaccines. Deception through governments and worldly plans are certainly not God’s plans.

I have young friends who have eight children and some who have just one. Their choices have been theirs and God’s. Not designed and carried out by the government. I can’t imagine not having experienced the joys of raising children—or worse yet, having the ability to have children taken away from me without my knowledge.

My first son, Matt, came just 19 months after I was married to my husband Tom. Our bouncing baby boy was pretty big at 10 pounds, 4 ounces. Matt’s brother Jon came along 23 months later and he was 10 pounds, 11 ½ ounces. They were big kids but that seemed like a great way to have kids, every two years apart.

It was almost four years before my next son came along. I was beginning to think that the two sons were all we were going to have. My pregnancy with Phillip was difficult compared to my first two. He was a huge child, born at 11 pounds, 10 ounces, and 22 inches long. My sugar was up, my back was a mess, and I thought I was having an elephant! My doctor recommended we not have any more children because the kids were getting bigger and bigger each time. My body just couldn’t take much more.

That wasn’t God’s plan. My last child was a girl and she was quite a bit smaller but so different. Leah came along at 9 pounds, 4 ounces.

My husband and I had a plan…sort of. To have a few kids, build a house, own a business, and then just sit back and watch it all happen. And it did.

This week, as I’ve read articles about the intent to sterilize people while supposedly vaccinating them, my stomach churned. What about the couples’ plans? What about God’s plans? Do neither of them have a say in this?

Governments around the world are making life-changing decisions and not informing the public about them. Whether it is known or unknown, many of these decisions will change the way we know families today. My heart aches for those who have already suffered and are now unable to bear children of their own.

In a ministry that was created to reach children for Christ, our minds are reeling after learning about this deadly tragedy. Please pray for the governments of those countries that are participating in this horror. 

No comments: