Monday, March 26, 2012

Meet the Truth Head On - Open to Misinterpretation series 2:

There is an old phrase, “I wish I had a nickel for every time I’ve heard that”—which means we could be millionaires for all the times we’ve heard something said.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I’ve heard someone say a comment about another person without any truth to back it up. Often, I’ll stop them mid-sentence and ask, “How do you know that’s true? Did you hear it straight from that person?” Oh-h-h, if looks could kill I would have been dead a long time ago!

Speaking the Truth of God’s Word is hard. Ephesians 4:25 says, “Therefore, putting away lying, let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor, for we are members of one another.” Lying about something or telling what the world calls a half-truth is wrong. Thinking we are joking about something is just words said in a comical way which can hurt another person. It’s not really fun or funny at all.
I’ve seen entire churches split apart because of a few misspoken or misinterpreted words that were hurtful. Was it worth all the pain they caused? Can there be any healing after these painful words are spoken? Possibly there can be forgiveness if it’s asked for.

If our hearts and souls are tuned into how Jesus walked during His life, I truly believe these words will not be spoken. They will wilt like mid-day picked flowers on a sticky summer afternoon. The Holy Spirit makes you aware when you say hurtful things. Remorse is immediate, but confession and asking forgiveness often is not.

Don’t let a misspoken word hinder any relationship you have. Meet the choice head on with God’s Truth. Allowing satan to be the winner in any conversation just isn’t an option for a true Believer.(sorry, I don't capitalize the word satan...he's very undeserving of the recognition)

No comments: