Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A God Moment – Part 3

(continued story) I never knew I could play unique instruments like Swiss cowbells and crystal glasses with such ease. Sure, I had plunked songs on a piano we used to have but never attempted anything like this. The kind woman who let me use her instruments (whose name was Aunt Marion), encouraged me to purchase a set of glasses and cowbells so that I could do more. But I didn’t know what more meant. She asked me if I could draw and I said, “A little,” so she gave me the name of a man near my home who taught black-light chalk drawing. I didn’t have a clue how I could take the lessons with all my little kids in tow.

The next week when I went to church, a friend handed me a check. She said, “I don’t know what this is for, but God told me to give it to you.” I broke down and cried as I looked at her offering. It was the exact amount needed to purchase the Swiss cowbells. The same scenario happened when I desired to purchase the crystal glasses and when I needed to take a week of chalk drawing lessons and when I needed to purchase a trailer to carry all my equipment in. God paid for it all!

I was 28 years old when my evangelistic meetings started. One of the first programs we did was in a little United Brethren Church not far from home. The piano player that accompanied me was 14 years old! She’s been our church pianist for over 30 years now. It was scary and exhilarating and rewarding all at the same time!

Now, 38 years later, I’ve been in thousands of churches, camps, and meetings across the nation and even around the world. God has helped me develop talents and abilities I never knew I had. I’ve been able to lead children in their decision to follow Christ and led adults into a relationship with their Heavenly Father. I have seen the grace of God with His power and provision all because of a four-hour conversation in my driveway with my husband who believed that God had planted something in me.

God used a man who was attuned to his wife’s needs and desires of her heart. He led me to change my thought process from just serving others to serving by reaching others with the Gospel. Matthew 19:5 tells us that a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined together with his wife and the two shall be one flesh. Not just physically, but body, soul, mind and spirit! I can actually say this was one of the biggest God moments ever for me. And yes, it was well worth paying that babysitter!



No comments: