Friday, September 24, 2010

Laugher...is my secret weapon

Have you ever laughed so hard you’ve cried? I have many times! I love to laugh whether it’s at a good joke, a funny comedian, my grandkids, or my own kids telling stories from when they were young. There are so many things in which to find humor.

Like the story about when one of the women who works for me went hunting with her husband for the first time. He put her in a tree stand and said he’d be back to get her in a few hours when he was finished hunting. She waited until the sun went down and then waited until it was about 9:00 at night! She was petrified to get down from the tree stand by herself! After he went home, read the newspaper and finally remembered his wife, she could hear him calling over and over, as he ran through the woods, “Honey, I’m sorry! I’m so very, very sorry!” The first time I heard that story I laughed until I cried.

Another time was when our church’s pre-school kids were singing Away in a Manger on the platform. When the singing finished there was a slight pause where one precocious little boy said, “When you like somethin’ you’re supposed to put your hands together and clap, like this!” He brought the house down, believe me.

Old-time comedian Milton Berle said, “Laughter is an instant vacation.” Then there’s Woody Allan who once said, “I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose!” Doctors have proven that laughter is a great physical healer…except when you have stitches in your tummy—then it just hurts!

So find something to laugh about today. Tell your coworkers a funny story or listen to someone else tell one. Google a few good clean jokes to get your spirits up, it will do your soul good! Be glad you have someone to laugh with today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Terre, for encouraging me (whether you knew it or not) to begin writing again....others who have been reading my status reports, also asked me to find a way to get it out in mass...and I started reading your wonderful blogs...Until then I really didn't know what the heck a "BLOG" was! So thank you dear friend...Nanette (Norman) Chapman

Lacey said...

Terre, I love all your encouraging posts! Keep 'em coming!
And I'm sure it's no surprise to you, but I'm convinced that God gave me my wonderful husband to keep laughter in my life! I'm so thankful for that!