Friday, August 13, 2010

The secret places...

The secret places…
When I was a young child and things happened that upset me I often retreated to my secret place. I’m not even going to tell you where that was, but it was a place where I felt protected, cared for, and loved. It was a safe, quiet, peaceful place.

In that secret place I created things. Sometimes those things were only in my mind and other times I physically created things to work through whatever had happened to me. Somehow, physically working through those problems helped me concentrate on making good and right decisions. It all fell into place after creativity happened.

As an adult I’ve realized there is only one secret place I want to be. You can read about it in Psalms 27:5. To think of a God who personally takes time to protect me, hide me in the secret place of His tabernacle is very comforting. I can’t physically go there but in my heart I’m right there next to God, the ultimate creator. We talk things out together. We sing praises and shout, cry or whatever it takes. I listen to Him and for Him, and He always listens to me. It’s exhilarating, peaceful and a stress reliever at the same time. I can never explain it with the right words.

Do you have a secret place where you find comfort and peace? God can be that for you today. Look for Him right outside the perimeter of your busy life. Seek Him out and go with Him to a secret place only you and He know about. Pour out your heart to Him about your cares, concerns, troubles. Praise Him for all He’s done in your life. Ask Him what you need to do to have peace. You’ll never find another spot so sweet as your secret place with God. He’s your protector, your shepherd, and the One who loves and cares for you most.

No comments: