Tuesday, August 24, 2010

That's not just a light at the end of the tunnel...

There’s not just a light at the end of the tunnel; watch out for an explosion of atmospheric proportions!

There is this little thing that God keeps telling us to look at, inquire about, and seek. It’s a tiny word compared to some and it links us finite beings to the absolute mind-blowing, existing God! It’s called…hope.

I have watched people I know and love go through some awful, painful circumstances in life. They suffer, they have heartache, and extreme agony and they survive these intense emotions without an ounce of hope. They say there is nothing left for them to live for and that life is not worth living.

They don’t know my God.

Because I do know God and have His Son as my personal Savior, I have hope. I carry with me the knowledge that my Savior died for a purpose and that purpose was to give me the freedom to hope. What is my hope in? It’s in knowing that all the sickness, death of loved ones, and trouble I experience here on this earth is done in God’s perfect timing and knowledge. He knows what character tests I need to go through. He knows that trouble will show my true colors as a Christian. He knows that hope and victory will always be mine and never lost because of circumstances I get in.

That short word hope tells me that when my meager existence is over, I will go to heaven and I will see Jesus. I will see all that He has been preparing for me since before I was born! I will never experience pain or loneliness again. I will never cry another tear or have bad thoughts or stand in judgment about something. No sin will be allowed in heaven at all. There will be no need of lamps or electricity because the glorious light of heaven will come from God alone. For eternity I will praise the God of all creation! That’s where my hope lies and it keeps me going on a daily basis.

These friends and loved ones I’ve watched go through trauma in life seem lost. There is no spark of life or light at the end of the tunnel for them. I’ve bombarded the doors of heaven with prayer that they would not commit suicide to end their struggles. I’ve prayed for my hope to be seen as a witness to them that they can make it through and they can have that bud of hope grow in them.

Do you have hope? Not in yourself but in a Holy, reverent God who loves you more than anyone else does here on earth. Do you know that He has a place reserved for you in heaven where you will be safe, protected, loved, and cared for forever? If you don’t have that hope today, seek it out. Begin by looking for answers in His Word, the Bible. Start by reading through the book of John first, then Romans. God will lead you the rest of the way. Email me if you want and I’ll try to help you through the tunnel so you can see that blast of eternal light at the end!

No comments: