Thursday, February 20, 2014

Things TO BE before I Die Countdown #1 Be more Christ-like

This is the end of my list, or should I say, the top of my list of things I want TO BE before I die. More than anything else, I strive TO BE more like my Savior Jesus Christ. So what qualities am I striving to mirror?

1. He’s gentle. “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew 11:29

2. He’s humble. “And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.” Philippians 2:8

3. He’s merciful. “Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.” Hebrews 2:17

4. He’s forgiving. “Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.” Luke 23:34 

I say that I’m striving to be like Jesus because there is no way I can be like Him until I pass from this world and stand before Him in heaven. “As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.” Psalm 17:15

Today, I am an imperfect person. I am also incomplete with a deep, deep longing in my soul to be somewhere else. Heaven is waiting for me with all its glory and my magnificent Savior. My grandmother, father-in-law, aunts and uncles, and my dear husband are there, including so many wonderful friends that I miss. I do not know what eternity feels like but I won’t care. All the old things and the old nature will be over; only what God has prepared for me will last.

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” John 14:1-3

I strive to be forgiving. I work at being merciful. I endeavor to be humble and I want to be known as a gentle person. It’s all a lifelong attempt TO BE more like Christ. Thank you for joining me on this journey. I pray I will see you beside me in eternity where we’ll worship our Lord and Savior forever. Amen!

1.  Be more Christ-like.
2.  Be a better parent/grandparent.
3. Be a better student of the Scriptures.
4. Be aggressive in my witness.
5.  Be wise.
6. Be less concerned about jobs and busyness and more concerned about others.
7.  Be a better listener.
8. Be more Mercy-filled.
9. Be able to be broken for Christ.
10. Be a sacrifice with my life, talents and gifts.

No comments: